Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Last RMR as a local


Yesterday was a another memorable day with the last RMR (weekly crit) as a local. It was so awesome to be racing with Clint, ET and Scott again. It was so cool to see us upfront chasing that break down all working together. We never did catch them but in the end it didn't matter. We were having fun. After 7 minutes I was in the pain cave. My legs felt so flat and it would have been easy to pull the plug. I said to Clint and gave him the look of "this is killing me, not sure if i can last" With a "lets go" from Clint I looked down on the top tube of my bike which has the acronym of HTFU. After that, a switch turned on for my legs to kick in and we rode aggressively, attempting to get into breaks, bridging gaps and holding our position for the field sprint.

Good thing I didn't pull the plug. With the help of Scott and Clint we held our position and Scott turning on the heat to get me into position, placing 3rd in the field sprint with Clint in tow.

1 comment: